Many of us are still unaware of physiotherapy and what exactly physiotherapy is. There is a common question among everyone new to this concept, i.e. ‘does physiotherapy work’?
It’s okay to have doubts when trying something new for the first time. So, to clear your doubts about physio Collaroy, we have briefly explained the term and most common questions in this article.
What Is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a medical treatment that focuses on preventing injury, fitness, rehabilitation and healing. Overall, it helps improve health conditions and well-being, particularly balance, flexibility, breathing and motion. Physiotherapy is not only for athletes. This evidence-based practice is all for all ages and issues.
Physiotherapy uses non-surgical treatments and techniques to manage various musculoskeletal conditions and chronic diseases that impact human bones, joints, muscles and nerves. It can be done using techniques, such as dry needling, muscle stretching and more.
When Should I Visit A Physiotherapist?
If you’re thinking when or why you should visit a physiotherapist in Collaroy, then here are four reasons to do so:
- Prevention of injury. The most common reason to see a physiotherapist is to prevent injury or for biomechanical assessments to mitigate weakness.
- Rehabilitation. People visit physiotherapists after a sports injury, incident or surgery.
- Medical treatment. Physiotherapy can assist in treating medical issues like obesity, diabetes, stroke, cancer, osteoporosis and lymphedema.
- Repetitive strain injuries. Some injuries like elbow pain and back pain keep on coming. Physiotherapy can treat these types of strain injuries.
Other reasons to visit a physio in Collaroy are:
- To Improve flexibility and stretching of muscles
- To enhance body balance
- To fasten healing process
- To improve better body posture
- To help knee surgery patients improve and recover.
How Does Physiotherapy Work?
Before a physio Collaroy treatment, your physiotherapist will ask you about your current condition, other medical conditions, strengths and weaknesses to know the root cause of the problem with the help of science.
Each one is different from individual to individual in terms of physical fitness, health, weakness, medical conditions and way to take pressure and pain. That is why a physiotherapist plans the whole thing for you in a way that suits you the best, may it be customised exercises, treatment plans and therapy based on your condition.
A physiotherapist in Collaroy can work with different types of conditions within your body, including:
- Respiratory: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma
- Neurological: Brain injuries, stroke rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal: Muscle pain, sports injury
- Cardiovascular: Heart-related issues.
What Are The Benefits Of Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy can be beneficial for pain relief and healing, irrespective of age and injuries. Once you have got in touch with a professional physiotherapist, they will make your treatment plan with your diagnosis. However, people often ask, does physiotherapy work?
Some of the benefits of physio in Collaroy are given below:
1. Reduces pain
The main benefit of physiotherapy is the relief from pain. Physiotherapy can improve both acute and chronic pain management. It can reduce pain in joints, soft
2. Improves mobility
People, after surgery or operation, are instructed to rest for a long time. After surgery, the body becomes weak and tired to return to its normal state. With physiotherapy, your body will regain strength, gain flexibility and improve your body health-wise.
3. Treats sports-related injury
Sports persons undergo intense workouts and training throughout their careers. It is common for them to develop sports-related injuries like strain, pain and ligament injury. In such cases, physiotherapy can play a vital role. They can treat these issues or any sort of injuries through various physiotherapy treatment techniques.
4. Helps avoid surgery
Sometimes, physiotherapy is used to avoid surgery. A professional physical therapist can plan out for an individual to heal completely. It might take longer than surgery, but still, it works for most people. Physiotherapy is great for people who don’t want to go for surgery.
Who Can Take Advantage Of Physiotherapy?
We can all take advantage of physio in Collaroy to improve our body functions, flexibility, strength and body posture. In particular, the following needs physiotherapy the most:
- Pregnant women
- People who want to manage chronic conditions
- Athletes who are facing any sort of sports-related injuries.
- People who have joint and bone back issues
- Older people to maintain balance and strength
What Should One Expect At Physiotherapy?
Does physiotherapy work? Yes, your session will be unique and specialised to meet your particular needs. Here is what one should expect at a physiotherapy treatment session:
- The physiotherapist will want your medical conditions and history.
- They will examine your present conditions.
- They will educate you about the tools you need to gain control over to gain a pain-free body.
Be at Your Best With FlexiFit Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy can be very much beneficial for anyone going through pain and wanting to heal.
At FlexiFit Physiotherapy, we take time to examine your condition and plan out what’s best for you. To know more, contact us today.